The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Sew 1

Sew Issue 35 Pattern Download: Now Live!

44 pages if you got it right the first time. My printer went to a default setting that caused it to print out the pattern at 3/4 size. It didn't look too strange to me until I had the first little dress made then hung it with another one for my great grand daughter (aged 2) which I'd made for her. The first dress was made at size 4 (according to the pattern) which because of my printer's misbehaviour, turned into a size 2 dress. I then had to reprint it after sorting out the technical problems. I'm not a computer newbie and I've noticed that our 2 desktops work differently as does my netbook and the laptop. We have Windows 7, Vista and XPro which means they all work differently. I ended up printing 88 pages. Also, 44 pages of A4 paper (even when carefully folded) does not condense into the same space as a tissue pattern. Also, printer paper isn't cheap, neither is the ink.

I doubt very much I would be willing to download another pattern, the stress is too much. As I think I've said before, not everyone has a computer, those who have don't always know how to operate it effectively, and some of my friends don't have printers - they keep their computers solely for emails/social networking and surfing.

I appreciate the thought that it might work out advantageously for everyone to be able to download - both for the magazine (supplying a tissue pattern) and the readers (having the pattern stored on the computer) and I suppose it had to be tried, but I think overall, it has turned out to be a bit of a minor disaster.

Hi all, well this is the first time I have bought this mag and I have to say I love the mag and and am realy looking forward to making the mandarin dress. Will let you know how it goes.

I am very disappointed with number 35 of the sew mag . I was looking forward to making the manderine dress for my grand daughter but it will not download. I cant even fin the link to try again. I think I will give up and just buy a pattern.

HI Valerie and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems. If you go to page one of this thread in Sophie's post at top of page click on Here it is and it will take you directly to the downloads.