The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
victorialouise27

Doomed "Pop"

So I finished the second sleeve - hurrah!

Started to pick up the stitches on the very deep V neck using a circular needle, got almost halfway round (120 stitches on the pin so far) and realised they stitches weren't sliding along the plastic bit of the needle.

A bit of investigation revealed kitten's tooth marks, where dear little Snagglepuss has had a good old chew. >:-( I can vaguely remember him getting hold of it when he was about 9 months old (he's three now) so I should have checked it then, not just put it back in the knitting bag. Bah!

I'm 60 miles from home today so can't just go and get another one and the LYS is closed, so I've been at it with the sandpaper and I'm going to have another go.

I really will be glad when this jumper is finished!

Victoria x

Yes, he is a little so-and-so and he hasn't got any better now he's grown up! I think he liked the springiness of the plastic.

Sandpaper didn't work; I thought it had but the yarn was still snagging. I think I could have managed but it would have spoiled the yarn, so I am now sitting with twitchy fingers until I can get a replacement needle.

Victoria x