Su2ie
Su2ie

Fabulous Diva

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 11,030 posts
  • Members
  • LocationShropshire
I got mine from The Wool Shop online store in Ireland but if you search "soft touch" crochet hooks into places like Amazon or EBay (sorry if not supposed to mention them!) you should get loads of hits. And places like Purple Linda Crafts have them too. Mine are Prym but I understand they've changed their manufacturer and the ones I have can be difficult to find. The clover ones are good too but the handles are flatter but still soft :D

http://tangledmindsc...e.blogspot.com/
Ravelry ID - Su2y
'Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.'

#14 Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

artym
artym

artym

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Members
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

This sounds interesting..(bamboo crotchet hooks)????.I have been able to crotchet since the age of 5 years....many decades ago, so have made many things, only using plastic or metal hooks.....I wonder about bamboo as yes I reckon with arthritis they could be kinder to the fingers, so may have a look around to see if I can buy one...mind you at the moment I am well behind with other crafts and have not yet started my Christmas cards, so with sewing, (quilting mainly at the moment) and paper crafts etc. have quite a long list of must dos....the priority should be the hand bag I have materials for and clasps etc. for a Christmas pressie for someone special in the family...where does all the time go as I should have loads of spare hours. My other half says he reckons I waste my time coming on here, but I like to see the feedback on ideas and give out tips if I can on the many crafts I have been involved with over the  years, so shall see if I can be more structured with my time.(Howlong that will last)?????who knows...

..Smile, then everyone will wonder what you have been up to...... :wub: :rolleyes: ;) :) :huh: ........

#15 Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

crafty nannie
crafty nannie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Members
  • Locationaberdeenshire, scotland

thanks su2ie I must get one now that you have told me about them

#16 Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

knittingqueenuk
knittingqueenuk

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Members
  • LocationRobin Hood Country, England
I think it is a case of one mans meat is another mans poison. I prefer metal hooks because that is what I started crocheting with. Just get one of each and then see which is most comfortable for you. Happy hooking
Suzzana Lady Laird of Glencairn

"I may have the body of a weak, feeble woman but I have the heart and stomach of a King". Elizabeth 1 as she rode into Tilbury.

#17 Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

crafty nannie
crafty nannie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Members
  • Locationaberdeenshire, scotland
I love the soft touch crochet hook I ordered

#18 Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

magpiesdelights
magpiesdelights

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,333 posts
  • Moderators

I recently bought a cheap set like the 6 piece plastic handled ones this person sells......can't remember which seller I got mine off as there are sooooooo many lol xxx

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item51a4c296e2

and they are great.  No more feeling odd when swapping from one size hook to another as all the handles are the same size ;-)  There are loads of types to choose from even just on Ebay xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users