The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
anniebabes

A yarn I have never worked with before

I have just started to knit a peg bag for my daughter. I chose Paton's 100% cotton yarn in a lovely girlie pink. I've found this yarn very strange to knit with. It is quite slippery and at first I wasn't sure I could get away with it. However it was quite expensive and I'd bought enough for 2 peg bags so I persevered. Now I find I'm loving it. It gives a totally different effect and is very cool to work with. This is a big bonus for me as my hands get quite clammy in warm weather. Anyone else used a similar yarn?

Thanks Goose. I have changed the original cable part of the pattern because the 'celtic cable' was too fiddly. But otherwise the same as my last one. Did you find the cotton yarn a bit weird initially ? :-S

Annie

I have some of this in 4ply and DK. I love crocheting with it now, it took some getting used to but as yet have not tried knitting with it. I have used Patons Eco cotton to knit with which is a matt colour rather than the shiny one. I love the colour you are knitting, one lucky daughter.