The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
victorialouise27

Bamboo cotton t-shirt

Argghhh! I'm out of love with knitting this week! :ahhh:

I've been making a long-line T-shirt (with lacy sleeves and hem) in a lovely soft bamboo/cotton yarn. It's been a bit boring but I've been looking forward to the finished thing. So on Sunday night I put in the finishing stitch to sew it up, tried it on and....

ITS WAY TOO LONG! It would be fine with thick tights or leggings as a very short dress! Trouble is, it's very summery so I wouldn't wear it with thick tights/leggings.

So I've unpicked it and am shortening it by four inches. I am hating doing it but I want to wear it and it's the only way it will happen. Wish me luck. I'll put a photo on when I've finished it.

There, that's better :) I know you'll understand the frustration and it's helped to be able to share it.

I think what happened is that I was between sizes, so I opted for the bigger one. I've then lost a couple of pounds, not much at all but coupled with the rounding up of the size it's meant that the extra width isn't needed; the way the yarn drapes and it's quite heavy means that it tends to hang longer. Sigh.

Hey ho!

BBFN

Victoria