The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
buffyflump

May Day Monday

Afternoon girls ....

It's been very breezy & cool here so not as nice as it has been ....

Chris has been taking it easy as his back is a bit sore after yesterday for some reason & I've finished the front of my cushion cover ..... Just need to get some fabric for the back ... If I'm ok I'll try & pop out tomorrow & see what I can find ...... Needs to be a bargain though .... I've started on a baby boy cardi for my shop for those chilly days we get even in summer ..... I need to look through my sewing dress patterns too as I'd like to make a couple if I get the time .....

Helen - sounds like Daniel's been having fun ....

Goose - steak ..... Yummy :-)

hatful - hope you've had a peaceful day ....

Susie - hope your weather's improved ....

Michelle - oh the joy of toddlers! I'm so glad mine are past that stage - well they ought to be at 32 & 30!!!!

Right I need to get a cuppa & go & look for my sewing patterns .... Have a lovely evening & I'll see you tomorrow xxx

Evening all!

I'm sitting here with a bag of fozen peas on my foot: I was moving the (thankfully cold) grill tray out of the way when I knocked it and it fell on my foot, right at the joint connecting my big toe to my foot. The air was blue and so is my poor foot! Thankfully I have some ibuprofen gel left from when my wrist was playing up, which took the pain out almost instantly, but it is very swollen and bruised. I was just lucky it didn't hit me on the toe rather than the foot joint, because I'd almost certainly have broken it, I think. It's my own stupid fault though, and at least I now have an excuse to lie here and knit :cheese:

Goose: I certainly did have washing weather today! It's been gorgeous again, even the cat has ventured down to explore her new garden. Plus, steak...mmm.

Buffy: what sort of veggies? We're growing spuds at school.

Buzy: Great minds! I've been having a rummage through sewing patterns this weekend ;)

Well I got 1 round of the top done! Trouble is each round gets bigger as it's worked from the top down but it's another round done :) I've read ahead on the pattern too and still haven't quite figured out how the sleeves are worked into it - ah I remember way back when knitting patterns used to be just as confusing :lol:

Not a bad day although we got soaked in town, even poor Alex's car seat got wet as the rain pelted through the door when I was transferring her from her pushchair to the car :gulp: they were good enough once I reached Tesco though to go out hunting on the car park for a baby seat trolley for me then dry it off. Probably our bedraggled state made them feel sorry!!!

Hat full how awful with your foot! Keep an eye on that joint just in case you did crack the bone xx

Right it's late, the kiddies are asleep and I should be too! Night everyone :)

Buffy: what sort of veggies? We're growing spuds at school.

Hope your foot feels better soon

Think they've planted tomatos, courgettes, runner beans and lettuce. Daniel kept telling me they'd planted carrots too but they haven't :lol: Think kids like the process of growing something don't they?