The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

A couple of finished projects whilst I've been AWOL

Lovely makes Sharon .....

I like the idea of shell buttons & you can get coloured ones as well ..... If you want to have a look on line try Ray Stitch, Gregory Knopp & Knit and Sew , Ribbon Moon & Habbyworld ........ I've used all these companies ...... One of them has white buttons with a lovely pink & red rose painted into it but I can't remember which ..... There's a pic below for you to have a look at.They'd look lovely on your cardi ...........

post-48899-13668169852462_thumb.jpg

aww theyre gorgeous what a fantastic job youve done, i keep umming and arrring on weather to have a go at a big project ive got the yarn just worried itll go wrong i cant wait to be as good as you all are well done.

i dont know if you have one near you but the yorkshire trading co have some lovely buttons in their stores my hubby got me some the other day and they were beautiful.

Great news about your son, so glad he's getting on well.

You have been busy, not really sure about buttons as I often struggle myself. If you're ever in Harrogate, York or Ilkley this is a fantastic shop for buttons Duttons for Buttons I always stock up when i'm in York. They do a mail order service where you send then a swatch of fabric or yarn and they'll find buttons for you but i've not tried the service yet myself so not sure what it's like.

They are beautiful :) I have not knitted for about 3 weeks now even though I'm in the middle of a really nice waistcoat. This happens to me ...I knit like billyo churning out project after project then I lose the will :lol: But it WILL be finished eventuallly. Again lovely knits