The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Hyland

Make Jewellery issue 24 challenge - closes 5.30pm 7th April 2011

Here is my entry, inspired by spring tree buds and little flowers. Spring here in the Middle East is very unlike home as from March onwards it gets hotter and hotter causing the tender plants to wilt and die. Its more like Autumn with my tubs of petunias, planted in the cool of November reaching the end of their life and the deciduous trees starting to drop their leaves.

For this asymetric necklace I made some peyote tubes in that greeny-yellow that new leaves have when tree buds open, using dark metal like contrasting tree bark. The whole is made from a variety of recycled bits including the vintage "diamonte" beads and the metal rings all put together with some new silver coloured beads and flower charms from my stash.

post-93044-1366816911432_thumb.gif

post-93044-13668169115036_thumb.gif

lovely makes in this challenge good luck everyone I am going to try get my entry done but know for sure that there is already a winner here.I just love the taking part. hello susie never spoke before it must be hard all that sunshine just wish we got bit more here in scotland but at least its a nice day here but I'm confined to bed just now so all the windows are open wide, I have the same glass bird as you susie mines blk/white Isabelle x

I have the same glass bird as you susie mines blk/white

Bought mine earlier this week in a Crate and Barrel store... love at first sight and I have a feeling we could end up with a flock of them in our living room they are so gorgeous :-)

Hiya all! I would like to enter my necklace design 'Springtime Chic' , I created the necklace using various flower and leaf charms wound onto bronze chain with green wire adding various beads to finish. This is the first time Ive used wire in this way and I'm really please with the result as are all my friends who have asked for bespoke orders! I hope you like it!x

post-93614-13668169208011_thumb.jpg