The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Mazzjack

Make Jewellery magazine - Issue 18 - October 2010 - 2 different versions????

Hi all

I was just wondering if the following has happened to anyone else!

I went to my local Tesco on Saturday to pick up this month's magazine. When I got there I saw that there were 2 versions. 1 was the normal magazine for £4.99. The other version was exactly the same magazine but with a wooden bead set attached. This cost a little bit extra at £7.99 (or maybe £8.99 - can't exactly remember the price sorry!).

I thought I would buy the version with the bead set attached and couldn't wait to get home to make something. However, when I got to the till, the cashier told me, after she had tried to scan it, that it wasn't in their system and so they couldn't sell it.

I was very disappointed with this and left without buying it.

I went down later that evening to see if they had corrected the problem and to buy the magazine. However, Tesco had pulled all the copies of the magazine with the bead set attached and left just the normal version on the shelf.

Just thought I would post this on here to ask the following:-

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Where can I buy the version with the bead set attached?

3. Why are there 2 versions of this month's magazine?

I look forward to hearing from amyone who can shed some light on this!!

Thanks

Mazzjack

All

Me again - to rub salt into the wound, I have today had an e-mail from Make Jewellery magazine and one of the quotes on there is:-

"Tesco exclusive: Mixed bead kit, worth £12.99 with this issue**Special magazine price £7.99.

I have been to Tesco again today (before I read this e-mail) and this version is still not back on display so I bought the normal version!!!!

LIttle bit annoyed now......

Mazzjack

Thanks for your reply. It is really annoying.

It doesn't seem as if the organisation for the special version has been very well thought out. That effectively means that some people may well end up buying both versions of the magazine when they see the one with the bead set attached.

I suppose I should have just kicked up a bit of a fuss in Tesco at the time but I had my baby with me and he's more than enough to cope with!

Mazzjack

With any luck he will be lucky enough to get his hands on the 1 with the the bead set and that they will sell it to him!

My luck ran out when I tried to buy it!!

Let us know if you manage to get one

Mazzjack