The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Crafts Beautiful 5

Let's Get Crafting 23 Gallery

Thanks for that Goose. I did find the whole 1 ch at the start confusing as I am used to doing a slip stitch to join the work first. Also on the leg it does not say to do 1 ch at the start of the round so had tried to work in a continuous round but found I lost a stitch somewhere along the way. I started with 7 and then the next and subsequent rounds only had 6 sts. I had looked at the colour change bit in the mag to see if I was doing it any differently and I was doing exactly the same. I seem to be getting more spirals of alternate colour rather than stripes as is shown in the picture. the other problem I am having with the legs is I have done 2 rounds of colour and change as it says but my legs have come out ridiculously long - it looks almost 3 times the length of the ones shown. If anyone at the mag can shed any light I would be most grateful.

Hi Nicola and Goose,

I must apologise - it's all my fault. Crochet is so simple until you come to write up the instructions.

I haven't got the magazine or the doll to hand at the moment and I chucked out my handwritten notes so I can't see where I've gone wrong in the instructions but I thought I'd better hold my hands up sooner rather then later!

I seem to remember ending up with about 20 sts at the base of the body so although the legs weren't the easiest thing to work they were manageable. If Goose's amendment makes the correct number of sts while keeping the body in shape then I'd go with that.

Sorry to sound so vague and ditsy and I really hope I haven't caused too much frustration (although if you've chucked it across the room I suspect that's a bit too much to hope for). I can only apologise again and wish you best of luck,

Corinne

x

Corinne,

Thank you and I completely understand. I don't know the amount of times I have made small errors when writing things down and then wondered why it hasn't worked the next time I have come to do it!

I will pull it back and have another attempt and when it is finished it will be on here for all to see.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Nicola

the head (without ears) of layla the tiger i did her in green and white as ive two boys, dont think they would appreciate a pink tiger! lol

going to start the body later on tonight :)

must add, embroidery isnt my strong point to sorry about the nose and eyes! :red:

4.bmp

untitled.bmp