The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Knithulu

LK Multiway shawl

I finally got around to buying yarn to make the shawl from the last issue of LK.

Instead of the reccomended Manos' yarn, I bought 3 balls of the suggested alternative, Sirdar escape Dk in shade 0192, which is a gorgeous mix of blues and purples.

I also bought a card of five ceramic butterfly buttons by Incomparable buttons.

The yarn is 51% wool and it's gorgeous and soft.

It's also knitting up really quickly on the 15mm needles. I've knitted roughly a third of the shawl in less than 3 hours (that's 22cm by 45 cm) which is super fast for me.

I can't wait to get this finished and wear it!

no we cant! i'm contemplating that pattern for a xmas/birthday present for my sis in law - probably in the alternative yarn though so am glad you've said its lovely to knit with!

xxxxxx

no we cant! i'm contemplating that pattern for a xmas/birthday present for my sis in law - probably in the alternative yarn though so am glad you've said its lovely to knit with!

xxxxxx

It really is a lovelly yarn ... the gentle striping in the pattern is gorgeous, also I don't think I'll be needing much of the third ball, might try and knit up a simple flower or something to add a little extra something to it.

Well I've finished knitting in the shawl, I've woven in the ends, now I'm thinking about blocking, the yarn care band clearly states that it is not for ironing, so how should i go about blocking the shawl?