The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
pinkbubble

What is the longest time you have taken to complete a knitting project?

I started a baby shawl when I was pregnant with my DD 11 years ago and due to loads of morning sickness and pregnant brain I could not concentrate on the intricate pattern. It never got finished and I found it recently during my sorting. Am thinking I should try and finish it as I still have all the wool for it.

Anyway I would like to know what the longest time is that you have taken to finsh a knitting project?

Karryn

xx

21 years! It was a lightweight summer jumper in Seaspray (Patons or Sirdar?) that I started but then got lost in two house moves and a humungous stash! Finally finished last year when I proudly put a photo on this site. I'd put on over two stone in the meantime but luckily the design was a baggy style so had a bit of growing room! I have promised myself never to let this happen again. Hmmmm, we'll see :)

You must finish your shawl, it'll give you such a sense of achievement. Good luck!

Hmmm well I think probably about 4 months for me but then I have quite a few UFOs so if I do complete those then time taken to complete a project will be considerably longer than 4 month :lol:

My mum started knitting a jumper for my brother when he was 11 and hasn't finished it yet - I'm sure she has the wool in the attic but I think it would be a very long wip if she did complete it as he's 35 years old now!!!

Anyway Karryn go for it if you still like the design :-)

I started knitting a jumper whilst in New zealand for my husband back in 1991.. still not finished :( Its a difficult one as he died 16 years ago and having re-found it recently I find myself pondering on what I should do with it.. its beautiful yarn.. bought in NZ but black, so really hard to knit with.. totally mixed emotions about it

Jenny I think I would want to either finish the jumper and wear it even if it was too big or knit something for myself - personally speaking it would be a nice remembrance. This may not be ideal for you but that's what I'd do anyway :)