The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Salsatigeres

LOST AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND VERY FRUSTRATED,SAD

Hi again

Sounds as if you have things covered. Sorry this wasn't of help.

One other thing came to me afterwards:

My local paper often advertises small sales but usually only a day or two before they take place (ie not in time to get a table). However, I often go to the sale just as a punter. The organisers have seen me in my jewellery and often offer a table for next time. This also works if a sale is over subscribed with jewellers - sometimes you get first refusal at the next one.

It is a case of playing the long game I'm afraid but your jewellery is lovely so keep going.

Good luck.

Absolutely hun, do not give up by any means. I've been in similar situations with my cards, but you have to realize that people will soon realize that something handmade over something shop-bought and manufactured in bulk will mean a lot more to the recipient.

I was just going to add that a fair thing to do is to look at similar makes in the shops, and take their prices into comparison. Then come home and take half of that cost, and add it to the cost of your materials used to make up your piece of jewellery. I find this normally works as a good guideline. For instance, I've looked at the average price for a decent card in the shops being around £3, and the materials to make one cost me between 50p and £1 depending on how elaborate I go so have priced my cards at between £2 and £2.50. Hope this helps you!

And keep making gorgeous pieces, as we all love to gloat over them!

Thankyou so much for your encouragement everyone. At moment got no cash until fri so sometimes makes things feel worse. I am feeling bit fed up but have kept making things as I have got a table booked for june at a local junior school and there is a monthly fair in nearby town last sat of the month so will go to get contact with the organisor.

I am looking at doing parties but it is attracting people interested in handmade jewellery. I have done the party scene in the past with other products so know it is really hard getting the appointments.

I have plenty of beads, findings etc so have enought stuff to keep me busy so when I do get somewhere hopefully get some good sales.

Thanks everyone for advice. I know money would not matter as much if I had a job but just have a small pension and hoped until I got a job I might get a bit extra cash.

I have tried putting a few pieces on ebay, which I have never done before, and have tried to be fair with the price but nothing seems to have sold yet :( I have got a table in June at a local junior school so will keep plodding on and make things to sell.