The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
shelleyhope

Promarkers

Thanks for all the info...l am thinking to buy a few sets for colouring in my stamped images...l am hearing so much about Whispers, Promarkers and the latest Copics !... still a little undecided as l won´t be able to buy them all :-S

I recently bought 6 of them after my friend got them in stock on her stall in Durham and oh my I love them... I want more, just waiting for her to get some more in, in the meantime I am off to little claires to buy the new colours...£25...bargin!!

Aims x

Susan, i ahve heard a lot of Excellent comments about the Copic pens from another Forum but, an art one as many artists use the Copic pens and what i have heard is all good! Might be worth a try! You'll soon come to a decision which to go for and try!

I'll be playing with mine this eveningor tomorrow evening to see what they are like!

happy Crafting with them everyone and hope you get paid soon shelly to get a play with some! i would go for them all at £25 but, just don't have the money to get them x

I love my ProMarkers. They are similar to the Copics, but the tips are different and it depends what you prefer. Another point that speaks in my point of view for the ProMarkers is the better availability of individual pens. Joanna Sheen and Little Claire have got very good prices for these. But if I need one urgently or need just a single pen, I can also get it from a local art shop.

I bought Whispers pens when they came out, but was not happy with the intensity of the colour at all and ended up giving them to a local primary school.

Tombow pens used to be good as well, but they reduced the number of colours a while ago and seem to have vanished from the market now.

I have some of these I got three packs for 20 pounds at the show in Leigh from Little Claire's last year and I've only really started to play with them properly in the last few weeks. I have the skin tone set and they are fabulous for that. I have used them on some fab images Isablle sent and when I have made cards with them will post. I found like Ana said you have to go close the the line but not up to it otherwise the colour can bleed to far. The best ink to use with them is Momento as the other inks even Staz-on can bleed with them. I have also found it depends on the type of paper you are using them on how much they bleed.