The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
shelleyhope

Promarkers

I use them all the time and love them! I've never been very artistic, but find these really easy to use. The best thing about them is how you can get several shades from one pen just by adding more layers.

They also do a blending pen which helps when you go from one colour to another.

The downside is that you just seem to keep on buying more! There is always another colour that you "need"!

Have fun!!!

Glad you asked this ? shelley as I have a pack and not sure how they work but, am completely excited about using them now!

Hope you ahve fun experimenting with your promarkers shelley and i look forward to seeing what you make having used them.

x

Promarkers-I have been using them since 2008, they do take a bit of gettng used to I can tell you that!

To be honest it wasn't until this site http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ cae along ,that I can admit to being able to use them with confidence.

Practice and play wth them,follow the tutorials on PFP and you'll get the hang off them in no time-one tip from me, the reds/oranges 'bleed' a bit more than anyother colour ,so when you are uing those let them bleed to the edges of your print or else you'll spill over.

You'll be addicted in no time and you end up a saddo like me who has he full 142 odd pen set!

BTW you can get four packs of the new colours for a tiddly £25 here http://www.littleclaire.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ID=728

Silly Monkey Crafts also stock the indivual pens as does the Secret Crafter,the pens are only £1.60 each there and with free P & P if you spend over a fiver you'll save yourself a small fortune!

Have fun!

Ana

hi there taavjax

excellent help there you have given! thanks for that blog link all about promarkers, just hopped on over and looks very inspirational I have to say.

looking forward to using my very first set that DH gave me at xmas!

Looking at all the makes on the forum where members have used these and on that blog link you left also, I ahve to admit these are excellent for Illastrations! they give an excellent Illastrative look!

if the idea of these promarkers is to biuld layers of the colour up then I would have to say that most people who use them can paint and don't know it because the excellence of use with these taht i have seen is remarkable. I urge ALL YOU USING PROMARKERS to get your hand out, pick up a brush and allow yourelf to paint and see what happens, think many of you would be surprsied with the results!

thanks again for all your help taavjax, you are a great asset here and one of experience with this product too x

No problem hun-glad to help out!

When I first saw them being used cardmaking I was like WOW the colours were so bright and vivid, and that is what I wanted in my cards-I knew that I had to have them! I am not an artist by any means and have tried nearly every medium on the market-Prisma pencils,derwents inktense-every thing and not one of them could I get to look right except Promarkers. Practise,practise practise you will get the hang of them and the feel of them in your hand, they do work and I cannot recommend them enough!

Ana