The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Secret Santa Update

Well after all this chatter, I think I will look into finding a little, not too expensive one, just for alex. Least she can start in the christmas cheer at home before she goes to bf parents house! Think she'll enjoy that.

La.st year Wilkisons had lots of different sized trees ffor really good prices and Asda had a usb mini tree. I love Christmas and I put my tree up on the 13th and keep it up till the 6th - 12 days before and 12 nights after - you can blame my mum for that one :lol:

La.st year Wilkisons had lots of different sized trees ffor really good prices and Asda had a usb mini tree. I love Christmas and I put my tree up on the 13th and keep it up till the 6th - 12 days before and 12 nights after - you can blame my mum for that one :lol:

Our tree goes up on the Sunday before Christmas & I bring in loads of greenery & berries from the garden on Christmas Eve. It'll just be Chris & I on Christmas Day this year for the first time since we had DD - 30yrs ago!! I must admit I'm quite looking forward to it in some ways but I'll miss Freya dreadfully. They're coming up on Boxing Day & so is DD & her partner. Adam & Mel wanted to spend their first Christmas married together in their own home - which I can understand. We've had to go back to our artificial tree as no funds for a real one - I do love the smell of a real one tho.

I'm up for a Christmas "Do" :cheese: Just name the date & the time ........................

We went 'artificial' with our tree a year after we got married. I was uneasy at the thought of all those lovley trees being chopped down for the sake of a few weeks! When we moved in to our house first we had an undecorated sitting room and we used to pull the fully decorated tree in there in Jan, cover it with two sheets, and drag it back in, perfectly decorated the next Dec! :lol:

Can't do that now tho as Victor and Russell generally pull all the decorations off it :roll:

Hi there! Well after MUCH deliberation over whether to make something christmassy, practical, or wearable, I decided on practical and useable!

Started yesterday as I had everything I needed in my stash. Really really happy with the result!

Anyone else find themselves in my situation? You see I never buy anything for anyone that I don't like myself....similarly I couldn't knit something if I didn't like it as I wouldn't enjoy making it.....then I arrive at now where I don't want to part with it cos It's nicer than I had hoped or imagined it would be!! :-S Hope my recipient feels the same :lol:

Think if I have enough wool left over I'll make one for myself :)