The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Secret Santa Update

Well, while we're admitting to things.. I'll admit to the fact I don't bother to put a tree up, yep, that's right, not a single dec goes up in this house.

Decs tend to need to be pinned up, I private rent, and my bf's parents paid the deposit, so like, I'd be basically pinning the decorations to their money :cheese: But the reason for the tree is there isn't much room in my shoe box living room, and we're never here for christmas! As soon as Alex breaks off school for christmas we head to bf parents house and apart from a 2 day trip to devon to visit with bf's best mate and his mates mum, we stay until Jan. As much as I'd love to get all christmassy and in the feel for things, we wouldn't be here to enjoy it anyway.

i only have an upside down xmas tree as i privately rent also, it hangs from the ceiling beams usally with loads of purple and whites lol, but i dont tend to much more then that, i have made my own wreatg in the past...may do one this year also to hang outside :-)

i am still thinkin what to knit the person .... hhhhmmmmm i just think i need to make something kinda universal

Wow you're all really into it already!!!!

We put up our tree 8th December on th dot! I've never made a cake but last year I made my own mincemeat which was fab ;-)

Suz - speaking of 'mulling' I have a fantastic recipe for mulled wine if anyone is interested?! (hic!)

Yes Dark I'd love to have a Christmas on-line party....................it's been AGES sine the summer garden party! :lol: when your shoe ended up in the trifle :lol: :lol:

Oooooh mulled wine? Yes please :cheese:

And we definitely need a party complete with mincepies and sherry - and yes I do like sherry but only if its a large one in a wine class - hic hic hic!

We once had a living room where there wasn't room for a tree so we got a 2ft fibre optic one and put it on the fireplace as it took up little room :)

Must confess I don't usually get started til November but this has got me more motivated this year. Doesn't seem the same now the children are grown up but I still do them a stocking & we always have little tree presents & I think those are always the most fun. Usually have my sisters & mum for dinner - wouldn't like to be just the 4 of us.

Going to set aside some time to go through my patterns today & hopefully decide what I'm going to make.

Thanks so much Dreamy for organising this. It's going to be so exciting to get a knitty related pressie. Do we wait for Christmas Day or do we agree a day & time to open them?