The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Halloween Knitting Challenge - Ends 30th Oct 5pm

Hi everyone.

I've noticed there are many many challenges hosted on the main page, and I was wondering if any of you would like to participate in one for us knitters/crocheters?

I know I have left it very late to do this, but I only came up with the idea today while looking through my stash. I noticed two lovely items that I have never used and have no use for, and it occurred to me that surely one of my on-line buddies would like them. Then I thought what if I gave them away as a prize in a little kniting competition?! :cheese:

The challenge is - to knit or crochet something small, the theme is Halloween - bats, spiders, ghosts etc, and you have to use less than 100g wool.

You have 29 days to do this and post a pic on this thread by 5pm on Friday 30th October!

My OH (known to those of you who attended the summer garden party as Sporticus :lol:) has said that he will pick the winner that evening and we will announce the winner at lunchtime on Halloween :)

The prize is a Patons Knitted Bag Kit in Denim Blue, and a Vogue Knitting Book called Baby Knits Two On The Go.

I will post the prize to the winner on Monday 2nd November and good luck :-)

xxx Dreamy

Oooh what a lovely idea Dreamy!

Will have to get my thinking knitting cap on - no doubt Ellie will want something knitted for halloween so two birds, one stone etc! :cheese:

love the sound of this one as i loooove halloween :-)

well i want to add my sgraggly cat(freind bday gifty, who also loves halloween, plus got it out of a knitting book halloween section) and may gave a go at a bat or a ghosty...better get going lol

post-58671-1366814768146_thumb.jpg