The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Weightloss Accountability System!

Well done Dreamy!! You're going the right way !!

Had roast chicken dinner yesterday with veggies & 1 roastie & then chicken sarnie & yoghurt for tea. I'm not weighing myself until I can get my jeans on & they're comfortable as I'm tooooo scared at the mo as to what they'll say . I'll be upset & hit the choccie knowing me.

Hope you've lost too Susie.

Buzy

I found it by accident. Picked up a flyer in the parish hall. I think it's more aimed at the orkplace cos the full title is "active@work step challenge"

Anyway you don't raise sponsprship or anything it's just to raise awareness on how inactive we have become as a nation. You wear the pedometer every day for 5 weeks and try to reach your 'goal' of 10,000 steps. There's no pressure to get there by week 2 or anything like that, you just have to try to do some extra steps every day. When you reach 10,000 you have to try to stay there for the remainder of the 5 weeks! I'll be dead!!!! :lol: :lol:

Then you return the card with your steps written on and they send you a Step Challenge Certificate!

All the info is on www.irishheart.ie/heartweek and the pedometer is €10 at www.irishheart.ie/shop

Oh it sounds gruelling Dreamy! I've got a pedometer (Rosemary Conolly one) and I think I've only ever reached 10000 steps once and that was after walking for about 3 hours solid! Hmmm maybe I should take tiny steps instead of striding LOL Will have a look later :)

Buzy sounds like you were sensible to me yesterday! Keep up the good work :-)

Weeelllll....... I weighted myself and the scales would indicate I've lost 3lb! I always feel wary though as I will probably weigh 2lb heavier tomorrow with the way my body is!!! We will see I guess.....

Well done Susie :-) Weighing yourself once a week is all you need to do as we all vary from day to day anyway. Keep going girl!!!! Just eating some herb & onion crackers with nothing on & they taste ok - could murder a bar of choccie tho cos I'm so tired ............... but crackers it is!

Buzy

You all sound just like me with your efforts to lose weight so sure I'll feel at home here!

I don't possess scales any more as I couldn't resist the urge to weigh myself every day & get depressed when I had stayed the same or put on weight (every other day!). Just use tape measure now & also the jeans method like Buzy. No point scales saying you're 2lbs lighter if the jeans say otherwise!

I do belong to a "slimming" club at work tho. The inverted commas are because it must be the most useless slimming club in the world!. We start again every September after the summer hols & all but 1 of us weighed more than this time last year! We pay £1 each week & whoever has lost the most wins the money & whoever has done worst gets a hippo (toy) to sit on their desk for the next week. I actually won last week even tho only managed to lose 1lb! Had been really good as well. Oh well must keep trying as I refuse to buy any new clothes in a larger size & will literally burst out of mine any day now I'm sure.

Good luck to all my fellow slimmers. Start of a new week - we can do it!

Hi Molly and welcome!!!

I'm a bit like you then, hopping on the scales everyday and getting obsessed :-S I'm trying not to be so despondent now when the scales are all over the place, they're really accurate too - they can register the difference after you've been for a pee :red: (see what I mean about obsessive!!!) I've tried the jeans method too but I bloat due to IBS so not always accurate but I know one way or another I'll get there.

Love your kitty pic too Molly, very cute! And good luck with your weightloss too - you're in good company here :-)

Oh and I've had some healthy stirfry for lunch as I will be having a salad for tea (most likely) :cheese: