The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
moosick

tie front bolero

I think it's lovely!!! Take a pic of you wearing it...go for it!! :cheese:

This is the closest ya get to a pic of me :lol: I detest having my photo taken!

I don't know if you can see, but where it ties, for my liking it ties too high, I woulda liked it to tie lower and come under more, but for me to tie it lower, it means its going to be looser and then it just 'hangs'.. not sure if you can see, but the side seam is getting pulled round to the front, which isn't a huge problem, I just don't think it was designed to be worn by larger chested ladies :lol: It could do with an experts touch at editing, but I'm no expert, so have to stick with it hehe

post-45650-13668144640204_thumb.jpg

I can also see what you mean, sort of like wearing a bra too small and it riding up from underneath? It does look stunning on you though, such a beautiful yarn and the pattern does look good in it :-)

I was thinking, after I read Busy's post about undoing it - it would prolly be a bit hard cos I can't see where I sewed it together :lol: that maybe, I could possibly pick up stitches along the bottom and try to shape it and lengthen it somehow.. my bf said it might ruin it, I don't know. But I could make a square and then try picking up the bottom and then add more to see what it would look like... I dunno, just trying to save it haha :-/

Try a practice bit moo & see what it looks like. It may not be noticeable that you're knitting downwards in the yarn you're using. When you make another one (that Verdigris colour is lovely!) I'd add more to the length before the shaping & it should be lovely. Don't be put off by this as it's a quick knit & does look great.

Buzy