The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
moosick

Baby cardigan/layette

And finally the matching bonnet .. is the second one, I was suppose to do the pattern down the back, but couldn't, so just made it plain, I'm not happy with it, so I made a little hat too. All modelled superbly by the wonderful ChouChou who has been with us for 6 years, and not once played with :roll:

My daughter isn't a doll person.. She prefers backugan, pokemon, X-men etc..

Anyhoo, and also a pair of mittens, they don't match, but the pattern was kinda pretty, shame you can't really see it in the photos, the line down the middle kinda zig zags back and forth...

post-45650-1366814437419_thumb.jpg

post-45650-13668144374429_thumb.jpg

And finally the matching bonnet .. is the second one, I was suppose to do the pattern down the back, but couldn't, so just made it plain, I'm not happy with it, so I made a little hat too. All modelled superbly by the wonderful ChouChou who has been with us for 6 years, and not once played with :roll:

My daughter isn't a doll person.. She prefers backugan, pokemon, X-men etc..

Anyhoo, and also a pair of mittens, they don't match, but the pattern was kinda pretty, shame you can't really see it in the photos, the line down the middle kinda zig zags back and forth...

my daughter loves Pokemon and stuff but I jsut fixed her Baby annabell and she was dead chuffed.

it' like having a new baby.

ps clothes are gorge.Whose it for?A baby or a dolly?sorry if that sounds cheeky.I bet it was quite a tricky thing to knit

hehe nah sok, baby clothes and dolls clothes can be the same size so hard to tell sometimes! They're for a baby who isn't due until November, so I still have plenty of time to add to these items ;)

I haven't held a baby for about 4 years, and it's hard to judge whether I've made them too small or too big, so I dug the doll out from it's hiding place under the stairs and used it to model the hats :lol: Closest I've got to a baby head ^^

my daughter loves Pokemon and stuff but I jsut fixed her Baby annabell and she was dead chuffed.

I found a blog which has a load of pokemon patterns, that I swore I would make for alex, months later, I still haven't even started :red:

Fixing an old toy to make it as new is a great way to recycle and save pennies! :D Alex has so many toys that we rota them, it's almost like christmas when she gets to go through them all and decide which ones she wants in her room this time ;)

That was what I thought.

it's hard to judge on baby sizes.

The baby I am knitting for I have no idea when he/she is due so I did the first size.

mind you the pattern goes to about age 4 so I think he/she can have more if they so wish!

Baby Chou C :-) hou is cute.

But I said she could only have the one "make " doll.All her other ones are still presents but not special.

I think she has eight babies.

The other day she stuffed one up her jumper,her mate had one in the pram and she had one slung on t'other arm.

Classic :-)