The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Mama Bee

Medical advice???

Thankyou ladies, you'll be pleased to know that i have taken your advice and have been to my local surgery this morning and saw the Nurse Practioner. When she saw my leg she said, "Wowser!!"

It is a course of ant-biotics, but if it hasn't gone down at all by Friday I have to go back.

Guess I should have gone sooner but I shall know if it happens again, which of course I hope it doesn't.

Marilyn

x

how painful my husband was bitten and it turned into cellulitus its form of blood poisoning and my friend has it at the moment she was a little tipsy and fell or was pushed? and cut her arm on a bush she has been off work two months and in hospital on numerous occasions as she is allergic to all antibiotics. hope your ok and next time you have anything happen ( i hope you dont!) get seen too straight away x

Oh no, your poor Hubby and your friend. Bev, Loopyloo mentioned cellutis earlier and I researched it on the net and it sounds rather nasty.

My foot and ankle are still quite swollen and red but the purple area has faded a bit today so hopefully when the anti-biotics kick in things will go back to their normal shape.

Yes I have learned my lesson this time.

Hope your friend recovers soon.

Marilyn

x

I am so glad you went, I was scrolling down the messages, getting quite concerned !

Glad its getting better, Horrible things wasps and the after effects !

take care

love Deve XX

Awwww thanks for being concerned Deve.

The nurse said it looked more like a hornets sting. I must admit I didn't get a close look at it as it winged it out the door as soon as I released it from my trouser leg. I just assumed it was a wasp as there was no sting left in it, but apparently hornets don't leave the sting behind either. It hurts more to think the damn thing got away with it.

>:(

Marilyn

x