The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Our Heroes

My heart goes out to his family too Katy. Often the forces are overlooked in the compassion stakes simply for the fact not everyone agrees with whatever war campaign they're part of. They're just sent there to do a job by the government though whether they agree with that campaign or not. My ex-niece is in the RAF and was very frightened when she was posted abroad. This is so sad :down:

My heart goes out to ur friend and her family words fail me. Having lost a very good friend many years ago who was a community policeman with a young family it is just so senseless (he was blown to pieces).

Crazy crazy world.

All the best

Heather

Katy I'm so sorry. War is so pointless, and the loss of such a young life is such a waste.

It makes you think for all our maoning doesn't it?

A woman in the next village to us was buried on Thursday, 33yrs old, only 4 years married, with two children age 5 and 2.

Can hardly type it it makes me so upset

Sorry to hear your bad/sad news Katy. Knowing the risks doesn't make the loss any easier for a forces family & it's hard to make much sense of it for anyone who watches the news.

Katy, I don't know if you have been to work since this thread started, but probably the best thing to do for your colleague when you see her is be polite. I have been the person everybody avoided because of tragic news, (a long time ago, so nobody worry), and there was nothing more helpful than a few people with good manners. It doesn't take a fancy accent or a degree in etiquette either, she is probably feeling so sensitive that she will see a simple attitude of wanting to help a mile off, however you show it. You don't have to understand how she feels, there will be people who do know that better than you already, and it is likely to be easier for her if she doesn't have to try and explain.

This is just my thoughts, the suggestions may not work for everyone, because we are all different.

It wasn't my child that I lost, so to anyone out there who has survived that...I think you are very brave, and I have no idea.

Katy, I don't know if you have been to work since this thread started, but probably the best thing to do for your colleague when you see her is be polite. I have been the person everybody avoided because of tragic news, (a long time ago, so nobody worry), and there was nothing more helpful than a few people with good manners. It doesn't take a fancy accent or a degree in etiquette either, she is probably feeling so sensitive that she will see a simple attitude of wanting to help a mile off, however you show it. You don't have to understand how she feels, there will be people who do know that better than you already, and it is likely to be easier for her if she doesn't have to try and explain.

This is just my thoughts, the suggestions may not work for everyone, because we are all different.

It wasn't my child that I lost, so to anyone out there who has survived that...I think you are very brave, and I have no idea.

just realised i hadnt acknowledged this - that makes perfect sense and thank you, I will do that

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx