The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Dietgirl gets a day off!!!

Oh golly I'm so excited it's like Xmas eve! The rain came, the landscapers left, hubby volunteered to mind the kids, and I'm off on a day trip tomorrow to a town about 50 miles away with ten other ladies from our knitting club. (big smiles!!)....

Mental note *remember your flexible friend* :lol:

Big news, one of the crafty shops we're visiting is only recently opened....by my sister! The other wool shop is lovely and an 'old reliable' in that she stocks Sirdar, Patons etc (no offence to them) but Helen's got Maggie Knits, Rowan, Artesano ssswwoooon I cannot believe I will have time to browse and not have Victor pulling out of me or throwing buttons around the shop!

Also visiting the new M&S, going out to lunch (hic!) and to a design centre/woollen mills.

This probably wasn't worth making a new topic out of, but hey, a day without cooking, nappies, housework, kids, OH and all the other trappings is a day worth shouting about :-)

Hey Jennifer you're not down my neck of the woods are you? We have a woollen mill - it is Carlow you live isn't it?

Mind you I'm not aware of any new wool shops but would love to know where your sisters one is - you never know :cheese:

Have a great day out!!!

Definitely woth a new topic a whole day sounds fab. Had one myself today but must admit spent it lazing but I am off out with hte girls over the next two days. Mine are 16 and 13 now so it's not too bad more like a girly day out with more expense as I pay for us all lol.

Andrea