The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
emmilou

magical monday!!!

k&f - glad you've got your bobbins. I always use pins with bobbly heads for any type of sewing. They're easier to see in a garment & if they fall on the floor too. Your going to have a great evening :-)

Buzy

Ah Buzy, my evening is going to be great! Even the ripping back a few rows won't be too bad. I've only done 4 that need sorting, so will have my bobbins at the ready and use those bobbly headed pins when I get to sew-up stage.

We're having some big celebration here this afternoon. Not sure if we're getting speeches and everything, but apparently there's cake in the offing! Saves me going over to the garage for chocolatey supplies to last me through the afternoon. :cheese:

Hey Littlemiss, hope you're feeling better soon. I always go for high cocoa content dark choc on days like that. Gives me some sort of restraint as I don't need to eat as much. I'd have gobbled the whole dairy milk by now! :cheese:

Might start my friend's cerulean tonight. I got a jumbo row counter with my other purchases at lunch time, so will be able to keep better track of what I'm doing this time and hopefully make this one the right size! :red:

I keep meaning to make a comprehensive list of my stash. It's getting a bit out of hand now it's so large! :red: :lol: :cheese:

Well the Dairy Milk is out the back so I have to brave the pain to go get it and haven't been that brave yet!! My OH knows on days like this all he has to do is put things slightly out of my reach! I've been reading that the Ceruleans come out big? Having said that, there's no way I'll get into the 8-10 no matter how big so I guess it's a moot point for me!

I feel so good with my tiny stash compared to all you lot!! OH complains because it's in a tiny corner of the living room - showed him some of the pics on here this morn and he went white so I think is not so keen on me getting a fill time job now and having some disposable income suitable for buying yarn!!

Littlemiss - I did 8/10 & I'm a 10/12 & it fits beautifully. I think if you're between sizes just keep measuring as you go. You may need 65cm instead of 60 before the second cuff. It's very easy to make it fit. Wonder if there'll be another wonderful knit for us all to do this month. Hopefully will be in the post this week ........ can't wait :-) Off to do the ironing. Myning mountain appeared when it was so hot last week - now it's cooler I'd better do something about it.

Buzy