The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
MaggieJay

Got issue 2 today!

delighted to read how much you ahve enjoyed issue 2 Al, I think if you like this one you'll enjoy issue 1 when you get it on backorder. its just as god hun. look forward to seeing what you make x

Thanks Sequin, i couldn't wait to have a go at something in this issue, so with scrap material i decorated a blank canvas shopping bag - perfect for future issues of Sew! :-)

post-38972-13668142204162_thumb.jpg

Hi. Mumxie here. I'm new. I've bought issue two and guess what? I've made something already.!!!

I made the stationery folder on page 62. A lot of hand stitching and time went into it. It seems like I made it really quickly, because I only just bought the magazine, but believe me it took hours of planning and rearranging and stitching . I adapted the folder to hold crochet hooks instead of pencils.

post-54131-1366814229716_thumb.jpg

post-54131-13668142298832_thumb.jpg

ho there muxie, what a beautiful craetion you have made already. you have put it toigether so very well complementing such beautiful fabrics and i can see all the planning that went into this, well doen! i enjoyed the read of this project too xx

I feel the same way about the children projects! Cos not all crafters are mothers. I think its like a fashion sew magazine and a home sew mag mixed into one.

I cut the material and went to sew the dress but my sewingmachine had broken!! New clothes do look great.

I think the balance of the projects in sew magazine is great!!! I am new to sewing but I have made 2 pairs of the trousers in issue 2 so far, and I have a list of other projects that I am looking forward to doing. I don't have any children to sew for but I don't mind reading through the projects because they are still interesting to look at - after all, we were all kids once upon a time. But saying that, I wouldn't read a magazine that is completely focussed around kids - I think there are other sources already out there for that. I love Renata's description of Sew being a fashion magazine and a home magazine all in one! I think the fact that there are a variety of ideas in one magazine is great. Very inspiring. I have just subscribed to Sew.....so keep up the good work!!!