The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Torrential Tuesday

Hi

Woke up with a stinking headache, so after the girls had gone to school, I popped a bruprofen and went back to bed. Didn't expect to sleep but just got woken by the phone. Feel much better now-the feeling of having a large elastic band wrapped around my head has gone and I think I can get on with the day

The phone was my nephew(in-law) saying his sister was coming down today, instead of at the weekend, with my new car! Oooo all excited now. They had two but decided they would get rid of one as they didn't really need it and when they heard of my woes said they'd sell it to me-wasn't that nice? They've put it thru an MOT and they are putting some tax on it (which Ill refund them for) so once Ive got the insurance sorted, Ill be mobile again Whoopie! :cheese:

Fiona - if your boys are anything like my girls then the food will be the last thing on their minds at the party! :lol: I found that small things - a bowl of crispy things (eg whotsits) small sandwiches - jam, cheese, choc spread, slices of plain pizza, cold chicken nuggets, little sausages, (and strangely) cheese and pineapple on sticks, cherry toms, as Suz says rice krispie cakes, choc Swiss rolls......anything they can pick up with their fingers and make a mess with basically ;-) I always warned the parents of the guests that I would be pumping them full of sugar and additives and that they would probably be hyper by the end of the party, then I didn't feel guilty about it,lol. I also found that while I would agonise over the buffet, the kids would just pile in stuff themselves silly and then go off and play, leaving the table looking like a whirlwind had hit it!

Well off to have my (belated) shower then dog walking and shopping

Talk to you later

morning all

tis very humid and sticky here not very comfortable at all. still, least I dont have to wear work clothes!!

just a trip to pay the avon and go the park, if its not too hot.

have a good day everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My essay question is "In relation to work undertaken in your practice learning, with people who might be vulnerable and/or disadvantaged, discuss what learning from K216 course materials has been useful to you, and which you have applied in practice." I am doing my social work degree with the OU. The heat/humidity is a big problem when trying to concentrate, but at least it is less humid today.

Lizzy - so glad I don't have to do an essay like that any more. But if I was doing your course I'd know what it was about!! Hope you manage to get a lot done today now OH is back at work.

Got my bag handles & 2 balls of pink soft,silky fluffy stuff for 50p each in the charity shop next door :cheese: Will make a lovely bag for a girly but don't know if a tea cosy in it would be a bit tooooo much. Opinions Girlies??

Dee - glad headache under control so you can get on with your day.

Katy - so long since I did a tinies party. Would do little finger food as suggested & not go to mad. I'd put some out & replenish as necessary to save on waste & pennies. You could write each child's name in icing on a cupcake too.

Well off to do some sewing - mind you in this heat I might not achieve much. Sorry to moan about the heat but I wilt big time over 25C & it's past that already :-S

Bye for now!!

Buzy

Oh k&f - can you go home & change? Must have been trying awake to see the tennis & not being too bright with it when you got up this morning. He did win by the way but I did wonder at times whether he would.

Buzy