The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
DarkAngelKnits

Under the bed

I was doing some very serious thinking on the bus this morning (like you do) and just wondered what's the strangest (or maybe bestest) thing you've ever found under the bed whether it be your own bed or someone elses?

Bestest would have to be discovering 10 balls of Patons Spirit under my bed in varigated pinks (yum!)

Strangest would have to be finding a whole easter egg still in its box under my brothers bed, christmas the year after he got it! He was just like 'oh I forgot you'd got me that' LOL :lol:

oh thats a toughy.

Cant think of anything really nice that I found, except my bed!

As a child my Dad built me a raised bed (this was years before the concept of cabin beds). Basically it was a bed sized box ,about two foot high, big enough for my mattress to sit on with an open bit on one long side so you could get inside. All my toys and junk went in there so my room was tidy and if I wanted anything I just crawled in and found it (usually with the aid of a torch).

I do remember the worst thing (s) I found under my bed tho'.... my cat, who had crawled under there to die. He'd got a little piece of a wicker basket caught in his throat and it had wedged his jaw closed so he couldn't eat. He had been missing for about 3 days and we were turning the house upside-down looking for him. Something prompted me to look under my bed and I found him curled up in right back in the corner.

Out came the bed and off to the vets with him wrapped in one of my jumpers - (he was too weak to protest) and surgery. One very large vets bill later we had a very sheepish looking cat who never mewed again. He lived to be 16 years old, but he never chewed to laundry baskets again! ;-)

The other yucky thing was a pair of dead (and mummified) mice!! :sick:

Well there's not a lot of space under my bed to hide anything so its mostly dust bunnies!

Now under my eldest son's bed there would normally be penicillin growing in an old cup of tea, numerous application forms for jobs he'd told me he had applied for but hadn't and lots of bits and pieces relating to geeky card games he could get no one to play with him!

No2 son used to have a lot of overflow from the stuff under no1 sons bed, poor mite!!!!

The best thing though from my old house and old bed used to be finding exactly the right birthday card and gift wrap in my storage drawer when I'd forgotten I'd bought them :-)

Under my bed somewhere is one of those gagets for stretching new shoes. I bought some lovely tan leather pumps, but the left one is tight. I excavated my stash of yarn, patterns and every single copy of SK (apart from no. 2) but can I find what I'm looking for? Grrrr!! On the plus side, I did find my Bond cording machine, which is just the thing for making cords for children's mittens for the winter, not that I'm wishing away the Summer already!