The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Slouchy Hat

hi everyone

I'VE FINALLY FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!! :cheese: finally gave the last of my stuff for college in this morning

your hat looks excellent susie i made some of them last year for a friend of mine to sell in his shop but you're right, it wasn't worth it as it became a chore & i didn't really get much for them:-S

busy - what is this challenge, i've not been on for a few weeks so don't know what it is :long:

anyhoo i'm back now so will be able to get back into stuff ...woohoo!!

Hi emmilou - you must feel sooooo great now your college stuff is in. Great to have you back. If you go to ON the Needles on the knitty bit it will tell you. Basically make anything from 1 ball of yarn or less. Post piccie before 20th July & the winner gets a BUMPER STASH :-) :-) Have a go now you've some time. Susie's blistered her fingers doing hers - goodness knows what she's making!! I can't make up my mind at the moment as you probably realise from my post. Anyway - good luck.

Buzy :)

Well done Emmilou - think of all the free knitting time now!

Now all of you don't get too excited, my project is very small using up part of the 40g of vivid pink I had left, started as one thing, is becoming another. I've put beads on it with the crochet hook method. Have any of you tried getting DK through a very small hole with a tiny crochet hook??? I actually changed the damn thing part way through as I thought my finger and thumb are never going to make it! Suppose that's what happens when you decide to write your own pattern too!!! Should finish the confounded thing tonight :-)

Well why doesn't it surprise me your challenge item is PINK Susie?!!! :lol: I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you need to see someone about your pink fetish :lol: Can't wait for you to finish it tho.

Buzy :)

Yes Buzy - I may be in need of councelling! I think it all began when I had a little girl as opposed to years and years with two sons and no PINK :cheese:

I have found a place in town that sells exactly the same vivid pink wool too so I will NEVER run out!!!! :lol: