The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

What do you most LIKE about knitting

I've got an often pretty stressful job which often sees me working quite long hours, a two year old, two cats, four kittens, a mad dog, and a lovely OH. So my life is manic. I'm not very good at sitting doing nothing. Knitting takes the edge off and lets my brain have a rest while my body gets a bit of a rest too.

And I love the fact that it's productive and I'm making stuff.

I love seeing Callum wearing clothes I've made for him. That makes me really proud,

Love lots about it!

I've got an often pretty stressful job which often sees me working quite long hours, a two year old, two cats, four kittens, a mad dog, and a lovely OH.

Wow.

ooooooooooooh good question.

I might duplicate here but here goes

My nan is with me - which leads to my love of "rainbow" wool. she's even closer when I wear the scarf that she started, and I finished.

It kept me calm when I was pregnant, and seriously, seriously, saved me when i was post natal.

I LOVE seeing my boy in stuff that I've made him.

the stuff I make for me fits me ie, I can adapt a cardi or jumper so its a bit longer in the body.

the friends I've made on here have been a lifeline at times

I love the fact you can get a 1950's pattern, yet still knit something that is modern and wearable.

As hobbies go, its as expensive or as thrifty as you wish to make it.

when it goes right, is spell binding, when it goes wrong, its hilarious, but 90% of the time retrievable in some way!

this list is in no particular order nor is it exhausting!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep. Another month and we'll be down to one small boy, two cats, a dog, and my OH. But I think between now and then those kittens are going to make life a lot more hectic, and knitting a real challenge! :)

But at least I'm never bored!

I also love that feeling when someone says "I love that top cardi or whatever where did you get it?" and you say I made it myself.

Normally I am embarrassed when that happens.