The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Hat number 1 for Warwick Boo

Hi all

DPN knitting for hats makes it so much quicker!!!!

here's my second attempt - this time just winged it from a 3-6 month pattern into a bigger one for Warwick. Think I may have to attach a rib on it as it fits well now, but come the winter............... he's got such a big head!

One problem I've had, my knitting turned into almost a corkscrew effect, hmmmmmmmm or a helter skelter - either way I never seemed to finish a round, am not explaining this very well. Start again.

Right, when I was knitting, I presumed that I would do 1 round, and all the needles would be on the same row - but they werent, the next needle was always one behind - is this right?

here he is anyway - the one with his arms out is where he's unravelling the wool :ahhh:

Love the hat! I've no idea of the answer to your question I'm afraid. I tried making a hat on circular needles for my wee boy but somehow managed to twist it. I made it a neck warmer instead - over the head and onto the neck - and pretended I'd done it on purpose because he was too wee for a scarf! I'm still not sure how I managed it :lol:

I'm not too bothered, just wondered if it was the norm. I nearly twisted this, lucky I noticed, but as its from the top down I think it was a smidgen easier!

thanks for the comments! xxxxxxxxx