The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
angel8676

Podcast recommendations

My lovely fiance bought me an i-pod for my birthday today :-) . He listens to a lot of gamer podcasts and he thought I might like to listen to some knitty ones. We had a quick listen to a couple last night (I knew I was getting an i-pod, and he wanted to load it up with stuff for me before I got it this morning) and I came away feeling a bit sad and like a proper geek, :down: while Ali nearly wet himself laughing.

I love knitting, but there is definitely life beyond the yarn and needles. I'm not obsessive about it, but it is a hobby I get a lot of pleasure out of. What I'm trying to say is I'm not a "stereotypical knitter". From the vibe I'm getting from this forum, I think I'm like a lot of you - normal not a geek :-S

I'm hoping the two podcasts we came across were just poor ones. I'm looking for something chatty, light-hearted and humorous and informative, not an account of someone's life and not a lecture. Unfortunately, I've no idea what the podcasts were called. Anyone know of some podcasts that are worth listening to and won't make me feel like an old woman with a moustache who spends her life knitting scratchy jumpers?

Thanks,

Angela

x

Pity all the old posts were lost off the old LK site as someone did recommend a podcast and I think it was Australian although I know that's not much help.

Now I'm prob going to sound like a real non-techy person but can you listen to pod cast without an Ipod? Its just that we don't have an ipod in our house :red:

Oh and you're not a geek either - just a very interesting, useful, crafty person!!!

Angel - I've downloaded three or four - spent hours looking for some that looked good. Haven't yet got around to listening to them but will get the names for you tonight. I'm sure one of them was called knittingborg. Think they're video podcasts so hope he got you the Touch! Happy birthday!!

Su2ie - yes you can get podcasts without an iPod. Go to apple.com and download iTunes (it's their programme for managing music, videos etc) once you've got it, you'll see in the list on the left hand side a link to the iTunes store. Click this then there'll be a link to podcasts and you can search in there. There are free ones and paid for ones.

Hope this helps!

Lauren xx

Oh thanks Lauren - I'm pretty sure I've seen something on my pc about I tunes so I will have a mooch around then if not go to apple. Well after I've been to town anyhow :-)

Thanks ladies. I was seriously getting worried at the prospect of having to grow a 'tache! You've reassured me no end.

Thanks for offering to send me details of those podcasts Lauren, I'll look forward to that.

Angela

x