The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
sharon_dcfc

What project are you working on?

Im a leftie and Ive never had any trouble knitting.

I was taught by a right hander and SHE was taught by a blind lady, so Im sure your mum will be able to pick it up in no time.

As they say "Id give my right arm to be ambidextrous"

That first week I fidgeted! i must have sent everyone insane. I jiggled and tapped and just couldnt sit still!

Then in the second week when I could put a little pressure on the end of the thumb I managed to devise a way of knitting so was able to feed the cravings!

Oh I forgot I have also cast on for the polo shirt from LK, but I did it when my hand was bad and, as it used small needles, it hurt to much to continue, so I need to look at that again when I finish Havana.

Well I think the problem is probably in my mum's head, she thinks it will be difficult therefore it is!

I fell over when I was 8 and had a really bad gash on the palm of my hand which was stitched up so for a while I had to write with my left hand at school and then I was dogged with cramps in my right hand for years so was always swapping between the two. Not as fast or neat with my left but its joined up and readable :-)

Isn't it odd Dee that we will always find a way to feed our habit?? I think if I ran out of wool or if I was on a desert Island I would be finding some sort of fibre to knit with and fashioning my own needles :lol: