The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

FO’s Pink Crown

You will have to get the violin out as I didn't have a dressing up box - although I used to borrow my brothers cowboy and indian stuff and pretend I was the Lone Ranger!!!!

You can play your own violin, because we were forbidden to play cowboys and indians.

Hmmm Knitting Mummy, hope she doesn't go through that phase, I went through the black phase for years and only just got lots of colour in my wardrobe (including shocking pink) just recently after decided I couldn't just swap the black for brown!!!

Aww RC? No cowboys & indians? We had the arrows with the suction cup ends and used to have rope to tie people to trees and everything. For some reason it was okay for my brothers to do stuff like that as well as pirates (which I loved too) but I didn't have a dressing up box of girly stuff. Then again I was a bit of a tom boy and my Sindy dolls were in the army (brothers also had action man) and I had the lone rangers horse which my Sindy doll used to ride!!! My mum wouldn't let me have the lone ranger figure as well as it was for boys!!!

Oooh Sharon, you've given me an idea and I can make grown up boy crowns as a silly present for my grown up sons for Christmas!! (Thinking ahead there see!) :cheese:

My Sindy was at university, and went to lectures in the first garments I ever knitted for someone else. She had to have lots of hats and scarves and mittens, because it is very very cold at university. Yours were in the army!!! that is really cool, but at least mine could abseil to my brothers room.

Am glad we all had Sindy - I didnt much go for that Barbie girl- seemed a bit easy to me!

my mom spent many evenings knitting who outfits for sindy and she used to car swap with my brother's and my friend's action man - Action man in the Sindy Beach Buggy was a sight to be seen!

smashing crown Su2ie, have pm'd you about Alan Dart

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah RC sounds like your Sindy was a bit more educationally refined than mine! My Sindy also liked to go skydiving and in the tank but she didn't have a beach buggy like Katy's. I wasn't into knitting back then but sewing and of course she was always pinching action man's clothes :cheese:

Pm'd you back Katy :-)

Is there an entry in the Guiness Book of Records for knitting pink things...'cause I wonder if Suzie and Ellie should get entered....

Or....how many items can Su2ie knit from one ball of bright pink :-)