The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Crafts Beautiful 1

In need of Knitty Assistance? Get it here!

A pattern I'm planning to use from raverly reccomends worsted weight wool, that's an Americanism, what's the British equivalent?

Hi there........... it's the equivalent to DK over here...... Hope you find some lovely yarn for your project .......... xx

Thanks Buzyknitting, another question, the pattern reccomends 6mm needles, but won't they be to large for DK?

Does it say 6mm or just size 6? In America a 6 needle is our 4mm which is what most DK yarn is knit on...xx

I'm pretty sure the pattern says 6mm ... but that's what i thought! 8-/

I'll double check though, it might be a misprint but i have both sets of needles so i guess it's a case of trial and error!

hello im new to this site and i need some help im doing a project but the pattern is quite old it is one i gained from my mum i have come to a hault as i have done the back and left front (cardigan/jacket) but i am know doing the right front it tells me to follow instructions as left front but to alter as instructed but when i do this the pattern goes wrong and the stiches that are decreasing are coming off the wrong side is there anyone hat can make sense of this and give me any advice would very much appreciate it thanks