The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
minxie

beginners

I found one in sainsbury, it has a supplement with it, wrapped in a paper band, so you can't look at it.

Then i found one in asda, with no supplement so you could look inside.

the jewellery looks fab, but it did scare me abit.

I may try the 3 issues for £3, it may be the way to go.

thanks all

minxie

Yes I know what you mean when I first looked at it I was like there is no way I will be able to do any of these, I started off with doing the earrings and then did a necklace which I just used different beads, what was more scarey for me was trying to find the right things to use without ordering from the internet in the end I did order online and just had to wait for it to arrive, but I sort of know a bit better what I am looking for but trying to find different shops now to look at.

Good luck, hope you get the mag.

xxx

Minxie - The one you found with the supplement with the paper band round it is a different magazine. This is a differerent magazine.

You can always tell ours as it has a model on the front :)

Hi Minxie

I had only made 4 pairs of earrings before subscribing to this magazine. The projects are all step by step with lots of explanations of technical terms and a "recipe" type listing at the start to tell you exactly what tools and beads you will need.

There is a where to buy listing at the bottom of the page and they even have fashion tips down the side of some pages so you can match your jewelry to your clothing!

I have been so inspired by this magazine, I am waiting for an order to arrive so I can get started on a project.

I would thoroughly recommend this to any one, and at £3 for 3 issues it is well worth a try.

Hope this helps

Viki

thanks for all your advice, one more question

are there any basic tools i need to get me started. I only want to buy the bare minimum to start with..

I am going to give the 3 for3 a go

Hi minxie

I've started at christmas, and found I had some basic tools around the house.

But to start off try your local pound shops that have diy tools. you can get chain nose pliers that don't have ridges, although I found these work for crimping tightly, wire cutters for snipping any ends, and flat nose pliers all for around £1 or £1.50.

You can get economy round nose pliers at hobbycraft for about £2.50 or check ebay or many of the wonderful shops doted around this site.

I love the mini pliers myself, cause I like small items and they are so cute too.