The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
EmmaParr

Let us know here when you recieve Make Jewellery...

I saw this last Saturday at Borders along with another new mag. Bought both and have to say this was way better. Not only is it in England ( most beading mags are printed in USA) which makes it actually possible to complete the projects as you can actually get the components easily it, it concentrates on the projects whilst the other mag which I will not even name is more like buying Vogue great pics of costume jewellery and lots of expensive adverts for completed designer items but not a lot of actual projects. I will definately be buying this again. Oh one more thing they actually have CHAIN MAILLE projects. Wow. hope they do regular features with this technique. For all those who haven't tried this yet give a go. Be warned chain maille is addictive and after you master the basics you can start to introduce beads to open up yet another whole world of crafting. PS Chain Maille is not in shops so you can make something totally unique garanteed to be a talking point.

I got mine through the door on the 26th March it hasn't left my sight since, I took it to bed with me the next day cause I wasn't feeling well.

I have since spotted it in my local Asda and can't tell you how smug I felt when I saw it knowing I didn't need to pick it up, unfortunately I didn't see a crowd around it, shame on everyone else not wanting to pick up a copy of this wonderful magazine.

Thank you to everyone involved in producing it.

Hi Ickle Pickle,

If you've had no success finding it please pm me. I've read mine from cover to cover and back again several times over, so I'd be happy to send it out to you if you'd like. I'd hate you to miss your first copy having subscribed and been so excited about it!

Hellooooooo!

I am feeling humphy! Went to Tesco's and asked for a copy of Make Jewellery - and they told me this:

The magazine was brought in and placed in a promo hotspot (as you'd expect), but - here's the humph - it didn't sell so they sent it back.

AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH! Can't afford to subscribe, don't live near a WHSmith, not got it in Sainsbury's...

Looks like I'm missing the first one!

Don't try Gatwick Tesco's. They sent it back.

Hmph.

Dee

x