The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Lacocklady

Household Help & Top Tips

a good tip for getting sticky dots out of carpet we all have those annoying bits after crafting use the eraser that comes with the sticky dots and rub on the mark in carpet and it lifts it off.also clease scissors and craft knife. Isabelle

in answer to the question about cat friendly way of killing shrub roots am not sure but we have a cat and only thing we have used is salt to kill weeds growing up through paving cracks.dont know if it will work on roots but you can try.hope that is of some help

Yes, I too have used salt before. Once I have put the salt down I then pour boiling water over it and after a week or so the weed dies and can be easily pulled away.

Heres one for you, If you ever get chewwing gum/ bubble gum/ blu-tac stuck in you hair near the roots, if you cut it off, you get a bold patch, but if you put peanut butter on it, and rub it all the way dow the hairs until it comes off. Even though i t sounds odd, it does work!

If you put a cotton ball with a few drops of lavender oil, or any fragrence you like, in the bottom of you vaccum cleaner, where the dirt collects, you get a lovel;y smell as you clean!

Also this works if you put a flea coller in the bottom, if your pet has fleas, it kills the eggs that are no on the animal, as fles only stay on the animal for 3 days and then they go off and lay eggs.

If you put talc on a tomato sauce stain it does come out after a while

Setee/sofa 'treasure' can be retrieved by putting a leg of old (not holed) tights/ stockings over the hose and securing it with elastic bands. This is great especially if you're not brave enough to stuff your hand down the back in search of things.