Paper piece die-cut shapes to create fun toppers for your cards
What you need...
- Dies: Sizzix, Framelits Plus Circles, Scalloped Circles
- Ink-pads: VersaFine, Onyx Black; VersaColour, Violet, Sea Shell
- Pens: white gel; fine liner, black
- Ribbon, pink
- Sentiment stamp
- Hole punch
New Baby Greeting - 1 To make the baby’s head, die-cut the following from card: 8.5cm purple scalloped circle, 7cm circle and 2.5cm circle in pale peach. Punch two smaller circles in black. Ink the edges of the scalloped circle in violet and pale peach circles in sea shell.
2 Snip a 2.5cm circle in half and stick one half to each side of the large peach circle. Draw a simple curved mouth with black fine liner and add the two small black circles above. Add a pink blush to the cheeks and apply dots of white gel pen for the highlights. Create a bonnet by sticking the head onto the scalloped circle so it is offset.
3 Cover scrap card, 6.5cm x 11cm, with 2cm squares of pink, green and purple card in a pattern of your choice. Use the white gel pen to add faux stitching and buttons to each square.
4 Create a pink and white mount and fix to the top of an A6 blank. Attach the baby to the panel so that it just overlaps the bottom of the mount. Stick the quilt panel to the bottom of the card, add a 1.5cm strip along the top and trim away any excess from the sides.
5 For the hands, die-cut two 2.5cm circles and two 1.25cm circles. Ink the edges and stick a small circle to the back of the large one, so that about half is showing over the edge. Attach to either side of the baby on top of the white strip. Add a bow to the bonnet and finish with a sentiment.
Projects you may also like...
- Rhinestone Bag and Card Gift Set
- Cute Felt Easter Makes
- Fun Mother’s Day Papercraft Projects
- Project Ideas For Your March Papers
- Easy Die-Cut Easter Projects
- Three Bonus Cards With Your Spring Days Stamp Set: Part Two
- Three Bonus Cards With Your Spring Days Stamp Set: Part One
- Easy Animal Card
- Kumiko Beaded Tiara