This cross-stitch favourite is sure to brighten up a loved one’s abode
What you need...
- Card: white, green
- Paper, patterned
- White Aida, 14 count
- DMC stranded threads, various
- Tapestry needle, size 26
- Baker’s twine, grey and white
- Eyelets, red
Homely Hanger - 1 Following the Home Is Where The Heart Is chart, stitch from the middle across one block of Aida. Use two cotton strands for the cross-stitch and one for the backstitch.
2 After sewing, press and cut out, leaving a two-hole width around the design. Back with white card using double-sided tape, then set aside.
3 Cover the front of white card, 14cm x 16cm, with red checked paper, leaving a small margin. Set two eyelets at the top, 1.5cm down and 4cm in from each side.
4 Mount the sampler onto three widening layers of alternating green and red, then stick to the centre of the card. Loop twine through the holes and fasten.
Gift Tag - 1 Using the New Home chart, stitch across one block of Aida. Use two strands of cotton for the cross-stitch and one for the backstitch.
2 After sewing, press and cut out, leaving a two-hole width around the design. Back with white card using double-sided tape.
3 Mount onto widening layers of green, red and green, then stick to the centre of white card, 7.5cm x 8.5cm. Set an eyelet in the top-left corner. Loop twine through the holes and fasten.
Projects you may also like...
- Project Ideas For Your July Papers
- Knitted Mermaid for Beginners
- Papercraft Princess Castle Gift Set
- Quick Iced Biscuit Recipe
- Simple Fabric Birdhouse Project
- Screen Printing Project for Beginners
- Easy Knitted Teddy Bears
- Five Bonus Projects With Your Garden Days Stamp Set
- Project Ideas For Your June Papers