This beautiful tiara, designed by Mary Achurra for Beads Direct, is the perfect addition to a special occasion outfit.
What you need...
- Double band tiara base, silver coloured, 14”
- Clear beading wire, Supa, 0.3mm
- Swarovski crystal bicone xillions, 3mm: crystal lilac shadow, light amethyst; 4mm, crystal clear AB; 6mm, blue zircon
- Essential crystal faced rondelle, 6mm, pink AB
- Freshwater potato pearl beads, 3-4mm, white
Beaded Tiara - 1 Take approx. 15cm of wire to create the first crystal flower section. Thread on six crystal rondelle beads and bring to the centre of the wire, then bring round into a circle. Thread the end of the wire back through three beads, add an aqua bicone and place in the middle. Bring the ends together and twist to keep the circle in place.
2 Repeat step 1 to create a total of seven crystal flowers using pink faceted rondelles. Position one at the centre of the band and place it at the highest point you'd like your tiara to reach. Now wrap around, joining the double tiara band together. Do the same with the other flowers, placing three either side of this centre flower, getting closer to the tiara band at the edges.
3 Thread six pearl beads each on to a 15cm piece of wire. Twist each one on to a small 'stalk'. Thread on a 3mm bicone bead and twist another stalk. Arrange the beads in a flower shape, with the crystal in the centre, and twist all the ends together. Repeat to create four pearl flowers.
4 Position the pearl flowers between the centre five crystal flowers and twist on to the band. Decorate with other crystals on wire stalks until the tiara fills out. To finish, thread approx. 25 rondelle beads on to the wire and wrap around the band, positioning the beads as you go.
Find all the materials you need to get started at the Beads Direct website.
Projects you may also like...
- Project Ideas For Your July Papers
- Knitted Mermaid for Beginners
- Papercraft Princess Castle Gift Set
- Quick Iced Biscuit Recipe
- Simple Fabric Birdhouse Project
- Screen Printing Project for Beginners
- Easy Knitted Teddy Bears
- Five Bonus Projects With Your Garden Days Stamp Set
- Project Ideas For Your June Papers