Decorate your home or make this pillow for a festive gift
What you need...
- Aida, 14 count, white
- DMC stranded cotton
- Tapestry needle, size 26
- Printed cotton: red stripe; red; aqua
- Backing fabric, 24cm x 25cm
- Cushion pad, 23cm x 24cm
- Felt balls, blue, four
- Toy stuffing
- Ribbon, red and white
1 Follow the chart for the houses and stitch over one block of Aida, using two strands of thread for the cross-stitch and one strand for the stars. When complete, press, then trim to 5cm x 24cm and set aside.
2 Cut two strips of red stripe fabric, 4cm x 24cm, plus two strips of aqua fabric, 5cm x 24cm, and two strips of red fabric, 5.5cm x 24cm. Pin the fabric and cross-stitch strips together and machine the seams. Sew the backing fabric to the cushion front, leaving a gap for turning. Turn right sides out and place a cushion pad inside, then stitch the gap closed.
3 If you don’t have a cushion pad to fit, cut two pieces of white cotton to the correct size and sew with a 5mm seam, leaving a gap for turning. Turn right sides out, stuff firmly, then stitch the gap closed and place inside the cover. Stitch felt balls to the corners to finish.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA