Cat Woman
Cat Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Members
  • LocationDerbyshire
I tend to use them particularly on bracelets because I find them easier to fasten. Does anyone else use them and what do you find are the advantages and disadvantages with them? Thanks Cat
The best things in life are free

#2 Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

Be A Darling Helen
Be A Darling Helen

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  • Members
  • LocationA few miles north of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I don't use them though frequently consider the idea :lol: The main advantage is as you say, ease of fastening. The disadvantage, and the reason why I don't use them, is that I'm not sure I trust them and would be worried about them unfastening and losing the jewellery - perhaps you can reassure me? :-) x
Don't wait for the storms to pass.... learn to dance in the rain :)

Love Helen xx

Be A Darling Jewellery Facebook Page

Posted Image

#3 Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

crazyminx08
crazyminx08

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, middlesbrough
I tend use them on necklaces more. i have used them on braclets before but i find the come open quite easy.As i recently last a watch i made myself using a magnatic clasp.xx cara.xx

#4 Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Purple Cobwebs
Purple Cobwebs

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts
  • Members
I love them, but have found you get what you pay for. I get mine from Burhouse beads and they are really reliable. Cheaper ones I tried got caught and came undone or the magnets came out of their holders! Great for ease of putting on especially for arthritic people. Disadvantage - you can end up with a little tail of paper clips or other such metal bits attaching themselves LOL!!!!
Purple Cobwebs Website
Making Glass lampwork beads, Jewellery, and cards to raise money for Dr Hadwens Trust and Viva!
Updated 22/04/12

My Etsy store

My Blog!

My Facebook Page

#5 Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Cat Woman
Cat Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Members
  • LocationDerbyshire

I don't use them though frequently consider the idea :lol:
The main advantage is as you say, ease of fastening. The disadvantage, and the reason why I don't use them, is that I'm not sure I trust them and would be worried about them unfastening and losing the jewellery - perhaps you can reassure me? :-) x

Early days yet Helen but I'll let you know. I've made myselt a necklace and bracelet both with magnetic clasps so watch this space.

#6 Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Cat Woman
Cat Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Members
  • LocationDerbyshire
Crazyminx - shame you lost a watch. I'll see how I get on with them Crafterga - I'be bought from a couple of places and the magnets from one were stronger than others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users